1) New Prize Company- Keller; they offer great prizes and every Council that used them last year had no issues with delivery of prizes. This will be a major upgrade for our Council over this past year and all the issues we had with High Adventure Prize Co.!
2) We will allow for units to place final Take Orders in containers vs cases!!! This will eliminate having to order excessive amounts of popcorn. (Show-N-Deliver/Sale orders by the case)
3) Two new products: Premium Caramel Corn with Almonds, Pecans, & Cashews; White Cheddar Cheese
1) Remember – We are selling the Scouting Story and the many benefits that our program has to offer young people in our communities. This is an opportunity for our neighbors to make a donation to Scouting and in return, we are giving them some popcorn.
2) It provides the means for a parent to fund their son’s Scouting experience. Scouting can be expensive and this sale provides an opportunity for parents to get help with the cost of the Scouting program for their son.
3) It teaches a great work ethic to your Scouts. A Scout is Thrifty! If a Scout works hard in the Popcorn Sale, he will have paid his way through Scouting (and earned some great prizes along the way).
4) It teaches goal setting, perseverance, builds confidence and enhances presentation skills.
5) It provides a substantial income to your Pack, Troop, and to the Cape Fear Council. Your Scout unit becomes a partner to the Cape Fear Council in making the Scouting program available to all young people in southeastern North Carolina.
6) It gives a parent in your unit the opportunity to become involved as the Popcorn Sales Leader/Kernel. Cubmasters and Scoutmasters already have enough responsibility. Invite a parent to provide leadership to this great cause.
August 31 District Popcorn Kick‐off completed
September 15 Orders for Show‐N‐Deliver product due
September 26 Show‐N‐Deliver Pickup by Units
Sept. 27‐Oct. 4 Blitz Week (first week of sale)
October 7 Blitz Week Orders Due
November 1 Sale Officially Ends
November 4 Order and all Prize & Incentive forms turned in
November 14 Order Pickup by Units
December 3 Unit Account Settlement 30% Commission
After Dec. 3 Unit Account Settlement 20% Commission
December 6 Council Popcorn Party at Jungle Rapids
What Is “Blitz Week”?
“Blitz Week” is a one‐week concerted effort to focus attention on Scouting and the annual Scout popcorn Sale. All Cub Scout Packs, Boy Scout troops and Venture Crews should plan to select a part of their community with plans to knock on every door in that area. Research shows that less than 20% of homes are contacted during the annual Scout popcorn sale. “Blitz Week” encourages units and youth to reach those other 80%!
What’s In It For Scouts?
Every Scout who fills up one (1) official take‐order sales form (selling popcorn to a total of 30 different customers) by the end of the day on October 4th will receive a Skylight Rocket! Each Skylight Rocket includes a launch pad, hose, adjustable stand, 2 lighted rockets and 3 non‐lighted rockets.
Promoting the Blitz Week Prize to your Scouts
At your District’s Popcorn Kickoff, your unit will receive 1 Skylight Rocket. The Cape Fear Council would like to provide each unit with one of these prizes free of charge so that you can use it at your Unit Popcorn Kickoff to get your Scouts excited about Blitz Week.
How Do Scouts Get Their Prizes?
Each unit with qualifying Scouts must drop off or send in the Blitz Week prize request form by FAX (910) 395‐0894 or email email@example.com, no later than 5PM Tuesday, October 7th. Each unit leader who submits a prize request form for their Scouts will be contacted by their District Executive or a District POPS Team Member with information on how to pick up the SKYLIGHT ROCKET for the Scouts in their unit that qualify.
Click the link to see the 2014 Wings of Exploration Prize Levels
If you have additional questions about the Trails End Popcorn Sale, please contact your unit popcorn kernel, a District POPS Team Member or call Council Popcorn Staff Advisor, Trey Glenham at (910) 395-1100 ext. 14.