Webelos Woods is the first opportunity for Webelos Scouts to learn what Scouts, BSA is all about. A weekend camping trip that introduces them to camping using the patrol method, in a Scout-led outdoor adventure, supervised by adult leaders, and with parents nearby. This weekend event gives the Webelos a little taste of the independence and self-reliance they learn in Scouts, BSA. Webelos Woods helps to earn their Arrow of Light and will also help them to cross-over to Scouts, BSA. Don’t miss this great opportunity, register today! Saturday check-in is available.
What is the Patrol Method?
The patrol method is the way Scouts BSA organize gives them an experience in group living, working, and fun – it places responsibility on young shoulders and teaches boys how to accept it.
CHECK IN TIME: The check in time is 7:00 p.m., Friday, for the Webelos and parents that would like to camp out on Friday night. Webelos and parents arriving Saturday morning should plan to arrive by 8:30am.
WHERE: Webelos Woods will be held at Camp Bowers in White Oak, NC. You should be homeward bound by 9:30 a.m., Sunday.
WHAT TO BRING
- A Class A uniform shirt is a must for all Scouts.
- A hat. This is a heavily wooded area.
- A pair of comfortable hiking boots or walking shoes (Keep them properly tied to prevent blisters).
- One extra pair shoes, in case the first pair get wet.
- One change of trousers and shirt.
- Three pairs of socks.
- Two sets of underwear.
- Toilet kit, containing: towel, washcloth, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, and a comb.
- Sweatshirt or light jacket. (Heavier outerwear if the weather dictates).
- Poncho or raincoat, with rain hat or hood (A MUST).
- Tent & sleeping bag or blankets. We will be tent camping. A cot, air mattress, or sleeping mat will also make you more comfortable.
- Eating utensils: plate, cup, knife, fork, and spoon (A MUST).
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- BAG LUNCH AND SNACK FOR FRIDAY NIGHT.
- Lawn chair or camp stool for adults. (You may want to bring reading materials for your free time).
NOTE: Make sure all your personal gear is marked with your name!
WHAT CAMP WILL PROVIDE