- This event has passed.
Den Chief Training
Date: September 28, 2019 - September 28, 2019 | Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
A Den Chief is a Scout, Venturer or Sea Scout assisting a Cub Scout den. But the story is far more important than those words suggest as the Den Chief:
- Serves as a Scouting role model for the Cub Scouts in the den, as well as the entire pack;
- Promotes Scouting in general and the local troop in particular;
- Encourages the transition of Webelos Scouts into Scouts BSA;
- Holds a leadership position in the troop or crew, thus fulfilling an advancement requirement in the unit.
In addition, a trained Den Chief:
- Assists the den leader with planning and conducting den meetings;
- Understands the Cub Scouting program and the differences between Cub Scouts and other Scouting programs;
- Understands the den leader’s duties and confidently helps lead portions of the den meeting program;
- Knows a variety of resources for age-appropriate activities for Cub Scouts in the den;
- Brings a repertoire of activities that Cub Scouts enjoy.
What is Provided?
Den Chief Handbook, Den Chief Patch, Den Chief Cord, Lunch and all program related materials.
What should I wear?
Please arrive in a Boy Scouts Field Uniform (“Class A”)
Refund Policy Fees are generally not refundable; however they are transferable to other Scouts in the same unit. Full refunds will only be considered if requested in writing using the Activity Transfer/Refund Request Form a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of Council organized activity (cub camp, merit badge days, jamboree, Philmont, etc.) and are subject to approval by the Council Camping Committee.
Partial refunds may be given for later requests due to emergencies, medical situations or mandatory summer school. Requests for partial refunds must be received in writing by the Program Director no later than 10 days after the conclusion of activity and will be reviewed by the Council Camping Committee. Notify the Program Director immediately if a Scout may not attend activity due to illness, injury or a personal issue.
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and mailed to the Council Service Center attention Program Director or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attention: Activity Transfer/Refund Request. Please include how the check should be made out, who it is to be mailed to, and all pertinent information in relation to the reason for the refund.