Deprecated: File /home/cfcbsa/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/common/src/deprecated/Tribe__Events__Date_Utils.php is deprecated since version 4.0! Use Tribe__Date_Utils.php instead. in /home/cfcbsa/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5569
Wood Badge Weekend 1
Date: November 4 - November 6 | Time: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Wood Badge experience will consist of two weekends. During the first weekend, participants will be divided into groups that will operate as a patrol throughout the Wood Badge Course. Dining and sleeping arrangements will be provided for you. The second weekend will involve an outdoor experience for participants where the patrols provide for their own shelter, equipment and meals.
Wood Badge Weekend 1: Nov. 4-6 | Wood Badge Weekend 2: Dec. 3-4
Participant’s arrival time will be at 7:00 AM on both Nov. 4 & Dec. 3. Departure time on Sunday, Nov. 6 & Dec. 4 will be approximately 5:00 PM. Attendance at both weekends for the entire scheduled time is mandatory.
The uniform that you would wear in your normal Scouting position will be the uniform that you will wear at Wood Badge. This uniform must include: official BSA shirt, trousers or shorts, web belt, socks and shoulder loops commensurate with your Scouting position.
Open to all Scouters, those associated with Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, Venturing, our Executive Board and all District, Council and Unit positions
Participants must meet the following criteria to attend Wood Badge:
- Be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Have not previously attended a Wood Badge course.
- Have completed the basic training courses for your scouting position.
- Have completed the outdoor skills training programs appropriate for your scouting position.
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment.
Cost & Payments: Course fee $225, covers food for the first weekend, liability & medical insurance, training materials & supplies.
$100 deposit is due with application. Balance due by Oct. 1, 2022.
Course is limited to 48 participants. Reserve your spot on the course as soon as possible. Slots with unpaid balances after Oct. 1st will be opened up on a first come, first served basis.
Medical: A completed Annual Health & Medical Record Parts A & B are required & must be current for the 2022 calendar year.
Course Director: Ray Cockrell, 910-840-7107, Fox867WB22@gmail.com
- Acquire a global view of Scouting as a family of interrelated, values-based programs providing age-appropriate activities for youth.
- Become familiar with contemporary team leadership concepts utilized in corporate America and leading government organizations.
- Experience the stages of team development and practice leadership approaches appropriate for those stages.
- Have a great deal of fun in the company of interesting, like-minded individuals.
- Develop a renewed commitment to provide Scouting with the best possible leadership.
Wood Badge 2022
Wood Badge Staff
Refund Policy Fees are generally not refundable; however they are transferable to other Scouts in the same unit. Full refunds will only be considered if requested in writing using the Activity Transfer/Refund Request Form a minimum of two weeks prior to the start of Council organized activity (cub camp, merit badge days, jamboree, Philmont, etc.) and are subject to approval by the Council Camping Committee.
Partial refunds may be given for later requests due to emergencies, medical situations or mandatory summer school. Requests for partial refunds must be received in writing by the Program Director no later than 10 days after the conclusion of activity and will be reviewed by the Council Camping Committee. Notify the Program Director immediately if a Scout may not attend activity due to illness, injury or a personal issue.
All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and mailed to the Council Service Center attention Program Director or emailed to email@example.com. Attention: Activity Transfer/Refund Request. Please include how the check should be made out, who it is to be mailed to, and all pertinent information in relation to the reason for the refund.