Trails End Popcorn
NEW for 2021 Popcorn!
- Unbelievable Butter Microwave is Back!
- New Flavors – Sweet & Salty Kettle Popped
- Trails End App Online Direct– Track show-n-sell locations, sales, inventory, accept payment by credit card (with no fees), app can be used for door to door sales
- Trails End Rewards Program – Amazon.com Gift Cards. Scouts can purchase exactly what they want. Points based rewards program encouraging Scouts to sell through Online Direct and Credit/ Debit Card Sales.
- Extra 5% for Units Committing Online – Any Scout unit that commits to the Trails End Popcorn Sale by July 15th, will receive an extra 5% just for committing this year!
- UNC-Pembroke Basketball Game – $500 qualification for Lumber River and Lakes Districts
- Share more stories of impact – This is much more than a fund-raiser… it is a life changer, and we want to hear and tell more stories about how this experience has changed and impacted the lives of our Scouts.
Key benefits about the Trails End Popcorn Sale:
- We are selling “Scouting” and the many benefits that our program has to offer young people in our communities. We are NOT selling “Popcorn”. This is an opportunity for our community to make a donation to Scouting and in return, we are giving them some popcorn.
- Scouting can be expensive and this sale provides an opportunity for parents to get help with the cost of the Scouting program for their child.
- A Scout is Thrifty! If Scouts work hard in the Popcorn Sale, they will have paid their way through Scouting (and earned some great prizes along the way). “Fund Your Adventure” and develop a great work ethic along the way.
- It teaches goal setting, perseverance, builds confidence and enhances presentation skills; all attributes which are critical for Scouts, from class presentations to the college application/interview process and beyond.
- It provides a substantial income to your unit and to the Cape Fear Council. Your Scout unit becomes a partner to the Cape Fear Council in making the Scouting program available to all young people in southeastern North Carolina.
- It gives a parent in your unit the opportunity to become involved as the Popcorn Sales Leader/Kernel. Cubmasters and Scoutmasters already have enough responsibility. Invite a parent to provide leadership to this great cause.
2021 Popcorn Sale Schedule
July 13 Wilmington Popcorn Sneak Peek
July 15 Lumberton Popcorn Sneak Peek
Trail’s End Online Sale Promotion: July 1st – August 15th
July 31 Unit Commitment Forms due
August 30 Orders for Show-N-Sell due
September 17 Show-N-Sell Pickup by Units
Sept. 18-25 Blitz Week (first week of sale)
September 30 Blitz Week Orders & Prize Forms Due
October 25 Sale Officially Ends
October 27 Popcorn Order submitted online
November 8 Golden Kernel T-Shirt Order Forms Due
November 12 Order Pickup by Units
December 3 Final Payment due for 30% Commission
December 11 Council Popcorn Party at Jungle Rapids
(must sell $750 to attend, please email us at Johnathon.George@Scouting.org by Dec. 2 if attending)
After Dec. 12 Unit Account Settlement 20% Commission
If you have additional questions about the Trails End Popcorn Sale, please contact your unit popcorn kernel, a District POPS Team Member or call Council Popcorn Staff Advisor, Peter Miller at (910) 395-1100 ext. 110.