Trails End Popcorn
Important Message From Trail’s End:
Dear Valued Customer,
We are extremely dedicated to food safety and quality at Trail’s End.
We want to make you aware that we’ve received notice from one of our suppliers, Palmer Candy Company, that it has voluntarily recalled a limited amount of Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 18 oz. product that it produced for Trail’s End.
Please refer to the recall notice issued by Palmer that identifies the following product that is subject to recall:
|Barcode #||Affected Item||Expiration Range|
|X000FMRA8J||Trail’s End Chocolatey Caramel Crunch 18 oz.||7/29/2017 – 8/8/2017|
Please rest assured that we have been diligently investigating this issue since we became aware of Palmer’s recall. Further, we would like to stress we have no knowledge of any instances of illness related to the product subject to Palmer’s recall, and product testing by Palmer and Weaver produced no positive findings of Salmonella.
We would ask that you examine your Chocolatey Caramel Crunch for these bar code and expiration ranges and contact for replacement product the Trail’s End Hotline at 888-997-3897
Again, we take food safety and quality very seriously at Trail’s End and are sorry for this issue. We will have an update for you in the very near future. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Key points about the Trails End Popcorn Sale:
- We are selling “Scouting” and the many benefits that our program has to offer young people in our communities. We are NOT selling “Popcorn”. This is an opportunity for our neighbors to make a donation to Scouting and in return, we are giving them some popcorn.
- Scouting can be expensive and this sale provides an opportunity for parents to get help with the cost of the Scouting program for their son.
- A Scout is Thrifty! If a Scout works hard in the Popcorn Sale, he will have paid his way through Scouting (and earned some great prizes along the way). “Fund Your Adventure” and develop a great work ethic along the way.
- It teaches goal setting, perseverance, builds confidence and enhances presentation skills; all attributes which are critical for Scouts, from class presentations to the college application/interview process and beyond.
- It provides a substantial income to your Pack, Troop, and to the Cape Fear Council. Your Scout unit becomes a partner to the Cape Fear Council in making the Scouting program available to all young people in southeastern North Carolina.
- It gives a parent in your unit the opportunity to become involved as the Popcorn Sales Leader/Kernel. Cubmasters and Scoutmasters already have enough responsibility. Invite a parent to provide leadership to this great cause.
If you have additional questions about the Trails End Popcorn Sale, please contact your unit popcorn kernel, a District POPS Team Member or call Council Popcorn Staff Advisor, Trey Glenham at (910) 395-1100 ext. 14.