Trails End Popcorn
Key points about the Trails End Popcorn Sale:
- We are selling “Scouting” and the many benefits that our program has to offer young people in our communities. We are NOT selling “Popcorn”. This is an opportunity for our neighbors to make a donation to Scouting and in return, we are giving them some popcorn.
- Scouting can be expensive and this sale provides an opportunity for parents to get help with the cost of the Scouting program for their son.
- A Scout is Thrifty! If a Scout works hard in the Popcorn Sale, he will have paid his way through Scouting (and earned some great prizes along the way). “Fund Your Adventure” and develop a great work ethic along the way.
- It teaches goal setting, perseverance, builds confidence and enhances presentation skills; all attributes which are critical for Scouts, from class presentations to the college application/interview process and beyond.
- It provides a substantial income to your Pack, Troop, and to the Cape Fear Council. Your Scout unit becomes a partner to the Cape Fear Council in making the Scouting program available to all young people in southeastern North Carolina.
- It gives a parent in your unit the opportunity to become involved as the Popcorn Sales Leader/Kernel. Cubmasters and Scoutmasters already have enough responsibility. Invite a parent to provide leadership to this great cause.
If you have additional questions about the Trails End Popcorn Sale, please contact your unit popcorn kernel, a District POPS Team Member or call Council Popcorn Staff Advisor, Trey Glenham at (910) 395-1100 ext. 14.