Major Camp Bowers Updates
Is anybody not ready? Camp starts in 19 days and boy have we been busy preparing for your arrival. Here is an update of what we have been working on:
- This past May our Camp Staff completed the last of 3 training weekends. This effort, led by Larry Greer (past Woodbadge course director) caps off 30 hours of customer service, health & safety, and teaching strategy training. Thank you to all of the instructors that came out to help.
- Our Ecology, Shooting Sports, Scoutcraft, First-year Camper, and Program Director are attending National Camping School this week. This is the first time that we have been able to send Ecology, Scoutcraft, and First Year camper to Camp School and we are excited to see what they bring back with them.
- Tent platforms have been distributed throughout camp. The OA made a huge effort to get these platforms placed at the Summer Fellowship, some staying to the late afternoon on Sunday to ensure that every site had been completed.
- Mr. Clint North and his team have installed the new fire rings at the Campfire Arena. Over the next two weeks Mr. North and his son will be setting the stones with mortar and adding fire rings to each campsite.
- We are going GAGA for GAGA Pits. Two 20′ gaga pits are located in central camp, one near the Trading Post and the other in a shaded spot in Eagle field.
- Adult registration for COPE is now open. We would like to encourage our leaders that will be with us for the whole week to take part in this awesome experience. A week long program of team building, personal challenges, and fun are what you can expect as part of this valuable class.
- Did I mention that the Air Conditioning in the Dining Hall is completed?
We are extremely excited for this summer and look forward to seeing y’all out there. Only a few more weeks!!!