Unit Recharter Packets are due to be fully completed no later than January 30. If you do not have your Recharter Packet, please contact your District Commissioner so you can get the packet from them. It is important that your unit recharters on-time so that all registered Scouts and leaders are covered under BSA insurance and Scouts can achieve rank advancement. If you have any questions about rechartering, please contact your District Commissioner.
Recharter Checklist and Instructions:
Please INITIAL each item as it is completed and RETURN WITH PACKET
All Scouting Units
All Packs, Troops, Posts, and Crews are required to Recharter on-line. By completing the Recharter Process on-line you can ensure that is will be correct. from my.scouting.org.
Fees: Unit Recharter Fee-$75.00 ●Youth Registration Fee -$75.00 ($72.00 BSA + $3.00 Ins.= $75.00) ● Adult Registration Fee –$48.00 ($45.00 BSA + $3.00 Ins.=$48.00) ●Scouts’ Life-$12.00
Here’s how to get started:
- Select an adult to be the renewal processor for Internet Rechartering (A member of the Key 3 or Key 3 delegate are the only people who can do the online chartering).
- From 60 to 45 days (December 1- December 15) before the unit charter expiration date, the renewal processor should gather a list of current members (youth and adults) and log onto my.scouting.org. (You cannot start the process until at least 60 days before your Recharter date).
- If a registered adult has not had youth protection training (within the past year), contact them immediately about taking the training online or with the MyScouting app. Give them their id number along with the MyScouting.org web site and have them complete the training and give you a copy of the certificate of completion to turn it with your Recharter paperwork. (See enclosed Youth Protection Training Report)
- Click for Recharter User Guide (Internet Recharter 2.0).
- Complete the information requested on each screen. You can stop at any time, log off the system, and begin again where you left off by reentering your access code and password.
- When you’ve completed all the information to Recharter the unit, click the Submit button.
- Print the Unit Charter Renewal Report Package, which includes the charter renewal application and lists of new members, transfers, multiples, and no-fee adults. Acquire the appropriate signatures on the application. An online or paper application must be turned in for members transferring to your unit and for any NEW scouts or adults not listed on your current Recharter. All new adults REGISTERED IN ANY POSITION must have their youth protection training confirmed by either attaching completion certificate or have confirmation from Unit Leadership.
- If there are adults or youth in your unit that are not listed on the Recharter, do not enter their information without an online or paper application! ALL NEW YOUTH AND ADULTS NEED AN APPLICATION. The council will be responsible for entering social security numbers for new adults; the entry fields for SSN will be removed from the internet Rechartering.
- Do not forget to collect the $3.00 insurance fee from each person you are registering. This total must be hand written at the bottom of the total Recharter fees and added to the grand total. Registration fee is $72.00 per youth, $45.00 per adult, $3.00 liability insurance. If Scouts’ Life Magazine is desired add $12.00 for a total of $87.00.
- Use the attached Recharter Checklist to confirm that you have the minimum number of adult leadership to Recharter.
It is highly recommended that you go through the tutorial. It only takes a few minutes & will be very helpful.